Saturday, May 10, 2008

Interview with the screenwriter



The Twilight Lexicon has an interview with the 'Twilight' film screenwriter, Melissa Rosenberg. Very enjoyable. I especially liked her personal message to the fans. Which addresses an issue I've wondered about... How will the film differ from the book?

Basically she says... that she's a huge fan of the books. {Good.}
~*~
All who worked on the film, tried to stay true to Stephenie's vision. {Good.}
~*~
When we each read a book, we form a clear vision of it. But each person's perspective is different. {Of course.}
~*~
Hopefully, the film will fulfill or expand on everyone's perspective. {Hope so!}
~*~
She hopes viewers will stay open. {I hope so too!}
~*~
It may be different, from what we each imagined... {Of course.}
~*~
She recommends surrender. {I think that's so cute!}
~*~


And I think it sounds like the best way to enjoy the film. To walk into the film, not having to have
everything to be just as we imagined. Not expecting everything to be just as we imagined. And to just surrender to enjoyment of the way all who created it, and all who worked on it... the way they brought it to the screen, for us. I hope I can.

How about you? Actually, this is a whole other entry.... So I won't ask the question yet. :-)

~~**~~**~~